Monday 5 December 2011

My lip balm obsession...

Hello everyone,
after reading Izzy's post on her lipbalm obsession on her blog- ....all things pretty which you can  visit and read here, I was inspired to do one myself!


Here is my collection so far!



And here are some of my favourite ones:


This is my Blistex daily lip conditioner. As you can see, it is very battered due to being in my school blazer pocket all the time! I use it several times every say and I think I have at least three of them in different bags and in my bedroom as well! It is so moisturising and it doesn't leave your lips feeling sticky. Also you can feel it working, it sort of tingles on your lips but it isn't an uncomfortable feeling. There isn't much of a smell to it. It just has a sort of vanilla smell which I quite like. I cannot find a link to one on the Internet, but I think I get them in Tesco and they are less than £3!

Next is the cherry Carmex moisturising lip balm.


I also like the strawberry one of these and the ones in pots but I cannot find them anywhere! I think I may have to buy another ones of them! As with the Blistex one it doesn't feel sticky, and it still has that tingling feeling to it. Here is a link to it on the Boots website.

Finally is the Creza lip balm.



The smell of this is absolutely delicious, it is cherry. I also have a blue passion fruit one but I much prefer this one. As you can see, it is also a much loved lip balm because it is really battered from being in different bags and makeup bags! I think my auntie bought it at an airport for me but I'm not entirely sure, and I have tried looking for them on the Internet before but I couldn't find them, gutted.

And finally two, three which are on my wish list.

First is the Palmer's cocoa butter lip balm. I have seen so many reviews saying how good and moisturising it it, but every time I look for it in my local boots they don't have it! I think they also do it in a squeezy tube like the carmex one above but I can't find that one either!



And finally are the Burt's Bees lip balms. I always eye these up when I am in boots but because I have so many that need using up I always put it off, but I think I will get some soon! Oh and also I put them off because they are £5.99 which is ridiculous for a tinted lip balm!



Oh one last one that I forgot, the eos lip balm. My Dad is going to America later this week for a few days with work, and I have made him promise that if he sees them he will buy like 10! I have seen soooo many reviews saying that they are amazing and I think the egg shape is so cute! I know you can get them on Amazon, but they are pretty expensive as well!



Thankyou for reading this and have a lovely day 

27 comments:

  1. I wanna try the EOS balms too, I couldn't find them ANYWHERE when I went to New York though :( Soft Lips are my favourite type of lip balms :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That's a big collection! You should definitly try The Body Shop lip butters, I have Grapefruit and Cocoa butter and they are amazing!

    Em

    x

    http://www.emsmixedbag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my dear Islay, you have a really big big big collection! I love Superdrug lipbalms, and labello :-)



    You have such a pretty blog!
    I have a blog too :-)
    Please have a look and tell me what you think! Please, follow me with google friend connect! i'll return the favour :-D

    Follow me!

    www.followpix.com
    www.followpix.com
    www.followpix.com

    Christmas Giveaway (you are obviously invited): !!!

    http://www.followpix.com/2011/12/giveaway-followpix-thats-mine.html

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and thankyou for linking my blog:) carmex in a pot is in superdrug...it's the only place I can find it. I want to try blistex next. Palmers cocoa butter one isn't that nice:( its quite hard and dry...doesn't smell amazing either unlike the cream. Also I love love love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! and helpfull since I have bad problems with keeping my lips moist :)

    http://fashion-journal-bysuzannemarie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sure is a lot of lip magic! My favorite is Blistex and soft lips. I make sure I have lip balm in close proximity all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this blog and i have a lot of the same lip products and yes the palmers one does come in a squessy tube and it smells amazing (like chocolate and pepermint) I would really like to see blogs like this but for other products like bluses and bronsers or mascaras

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I had loads of lipbalm but you have a collection even bigger than mine! My favourites are the burts bees and the carmex ones.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats quite an obsession, so many! i have the blue nivea one :P
    im loving your blog, your photos are amazing sweetie :)
    would you like us to follow each other?

    kisses*

    http://f-world-wide-what.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the blistex one too! Have you tried vaseline's new flavour? xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks sweetie, im following you back now ;)
    kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm your new follower! I see you use a lot of products I use ;))

    ^^ Ingrid

    http://eaudeglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi ur welcome and I cant wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really want to try those burt's bees ones! great post, you really are obsessed haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow that's the biggest collection I've ever seen! I'm quite envious xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing collection I love it! I really want those eod balms too they're supposed to be very conditioning and lovely on the lips! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought the squeeze tube carmex one in an independent pharmacy, you could look there. Its my go to balm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha, this is so like me! I have tons of lip balms etc x

    ReplyDelete
  19. woah that is alot of lipbalm!

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you'd like Vaseline's limited edition Creme Brulee :)

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my I don't think I've ever seen so many lip balms in one place before! I have a few different Vaseline ones and a couple of others but you're making me want some more interesting ones now :p xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! you really are obsessed! haha. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. im obsessed with lip balm :) i use the nivea lip balm, its good stuff :)

    www.sammy-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. lol Im sure you've got soft lips.

    Id love for you to check out my blog and follow. Let me know and Ill follow back!

    Cant wait,
    Summer-Raye

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have so many! I always lose my lip balms =(

    Check out my blog? I always follow back <3
    http://tramplingicecream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! That is quite a collection, making you the lip balm expert ;)

    Dirty Pink Cardigan

    :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.