Thursday 12 April 2012

Montagne Jeunesse 'Skin Heroes' review

Hello everyone,
last week I was contacted by the brand Montagne Jeunesse to see if I wanted to do a review of their new 'skin heroes' face masks. I was delighted when they asked me and I said yes immediately! I have tried face masks from them in the past and i was pleased with the results. These masks however are quite different to your average packet face mask, because they come with a mask AND a moisturizer! I think that this is a really good idea because the moisturizer and mask match with what they are are trying to do. For example the 'Dry skin mask' comes with an 'ultra moisturizing mask' and a 'rehydrating skin serum' 


Montagne Jeunesse's products are all suitable for vegetarians, and they always look to use natural ingredients, which is great! They have a really wide range of products, and they also do a range for men!

 I decided to try out the Break-Out Mask first. It says: "First you'll need to flush out those blocked pores with this mud mask fusion of calming Tea Tree and soothing Canadian Willowhero. Let Witch Hazel's natural powers help calm your skin"
It is really simple to use. You simply apply it to your face after cleansing, and leave it for 15-20 minutes. It is green in colour, and smells of Tea Tree which is calming and refreshing. Tea tree is really good for clearing up spots and acne because of it's bacteria killing benefits.
Because it is a mud mask it is really thick in consistency, and applies really easily. There is a lot of product in each sachet (15g of face mask and 3g of moisturizer) so you can apply it thickly and not have to worry about it being patchy, like some face masks.
Here is what it looked like on (que awful photo!)
As you can see it is really thick in consistency and it completely covered my skin. This photo was taken just after I applied it. After 20 minutes, it dries and goes quite crumbly around your mouth which I didn't like (if you don't talk then this won't happen though!) 
It was really easy to wash off, unlike some masks I have tried, and it came off with a muslin cloth and some warm water.


This is the moisturizing cream that it came with. It is a relatively thick cream, without it feeling too heavy on the skin. It smelt exactly the same as the mask (like Tea Tree) it says: "Secondly follow with this super moisturizer of tantalizing Tea Tree and calming Canadian Willowherb. Allow mother nature to work her magic to solve those problem areas" There was enough moisturizer for two applications, and so I used the rest of it when I went to bed.


After using both of these my skin felt much softer and smoother, any redness on the problem areas on my face was greatly reduced. 


Montagne Jeunesse can be found in ASDA and on their website they are very reasonably priced at £1.49 each (and postage from their website is only 50p- bargain!). I think these are great as a weekly skin treat, and I can't wait to use more!  I will be doing reviews of the other ones, and I am just about to write up a review of the de-clog nose strips (which I really liked!)
If you have any request for which review you would like to see next, please let me know!


Thankyou for reading, have a lovely day 


6 comments:

  1. Really excited to try these :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look really lovely - I love tea-tree so I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was browsing their website and there's just so much choice I didn't know what to go for. They look really good and I look forward to reading your other reviews. Perhaps they'll help me decide what to choose. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using their blemish mud mask for the last few weeks,cannot wait to try this though as it comes with a moisturiser! Exciteeed :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Islay you won my giveaway! Please email me your details and what shade and flavour you'd like everything ASAP cause I'm going boots Tomorow!

    www.jojofashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh definitely going to try these! products are even better when they smell nice! haha xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love you to leave a comment on my UK beauty, fashion and nail art blog islaay.com to give me your suggestions for posts, nail art tutorial requests and any other questions or comments you have.